This is pretty much the same theme that Tatenokai made. Link
But I modified it a bit to suit my needs. So credit and a lot of thanks to Tatenokai for their great work.
However, if Tatenokai has any objections to this, please let me know, and I will remove this.
Tatenokai ‘s theme is incompatible with a 1920×1080 resolution.
So I went through all the codes for the skins and re-sized them (to fit my resolution). I also then ended up making a couple of aesthetic/skin tweaks and changes too.
(For those unfamiliar w/ the original) this theme allows you to…
– Set up 4 RSS feeds on your desktop
– Set up 14 desktop launchers
– There’s a mailbox skin (for Gmail only)
– There’s a weather skin
– There’s a working pocket watch and a cigarette that burns with time
– And there’s a notepad pop-up (on the left, above Uncle Sam) and a system stats pop-up (on the right, above Marilyn Monroe)
NOTE: This theme works best for a 1920×1080 resolution.
1. Download and install the Rainmeter file.
2. The background wallpaper can be downloaded from here: Link
4. To add the name of your hometown (under the ‘Daily News’ heading) … open my documents, open rainmeter, open newspaper, open Newspaper_config.exe, enter your city name, click set, and refresh your skin.
3. To set up the weather location (and C/F) … open the main rainmeter program, go to the weather folder (under Newspaper), open/edit Black.ini in notepad, and follow the directions at the top of the document.
NOTE 1: Do not use the ‘location’ and ‘Unit’ settings in the Newspaper_config.exe.
NOTE 2: Sometimes the (beginning) words in the weather description (like sunny/cloudy) get cut off if the description is too long. I don’t know how to fix it. So if anyone knows, please tell me.
5. To add desktop launchers, RSS feeds, Gmail account, (and other settings) … again use the Newspaper_config.exe
NOTE: For the launchers … go to the ‘app path’ section, where you have to manually enter the location.
6. To add your name (after Global News by…) just edit the wallpaper using Photoshop to add your name.
NOTE: Do not use the ‘name’ section under Newspaper_config.exe.
Feel free to leave comments or ask questions.
Rate this Skin
Skin Details & Instructions
The Newspaper Theme rainmeter skin was developed and created by DYIDDO and was originally published on DeviantArt Apr 17, 2014.
To open up and configure any settings for the Newspaper Theme theme, simply double click on the time, date or day of week. Once clicked, you will be presented with a popup with all the settings to configure Newspaper Theme to your needs.
For the Newspaper Theme weather widget to work correctly, you need to set your weather code within the settings menu.
Yes, the Newspaper Theme rainmeter theme does support Spotify however you won’t be able to see the progress of the song. Only the buttons (stop, pause, skip) and song name will work. To fix the progress bar issue you will need to configure the variables within the player.ini to webnowplayer or use spicetify widget.
You can resize any Newspaper Theme widget (date, time, day of week text, recycle bin and Spotify) by scrolling your mouse UP and DOWN.