What you see here is DanteWontDie‘s digital art for an Alice Madness Returns FanArt book with an overlay of rainmeter skins to add a little movement and display information on your desktop.
You will need the latest beta version of Rainmeter to run these skins. Get it from here: [Link]
The skins have the same functionality as those in the Cogs, Tubes and Gauges collection, I have simply modified the surrounds and added a few props to help them blend a little better with ~DanteWontDie’s artwork.
This included bits from the AMA Icon Set by OmriKoresh
The skins in the package are:
– Analog clock (left-click to change the clock face but you won’t get rid of Alice) – watch for the steam emission every minute.
– System info with a gauge showing overall CPU usage, individual bars for up to 8 cores, and smaller gauges for RAM and SWAP memory usage.
– Network activity showing upload and download speeds along with the ping return time and wifi signal strength.
– Volume control – trumpet and skull to the right of 5-Clubs. Use the mouse scroll wheel to adjust the system volume or left-click to mute.
– Gauges for used space on 1-4 hard drives (gratuitous pendulum thingamabob for one or two disks).
– Weather skin with analog gauges for temperature, barometric pressure, and wind direction. Click the forecast icon for a 72-hour forecast from the Weather Channel.
– uTorrent tracker using Lua script adapted from LuaTorrent 3.1 by jsmorley
– RSS/Atom feed reader built around Kaelri‘s Reader.lua script. Feed items are sorted by date/time and anything less than an hour old is bulleted. The neat little selector animation uses Kaelri’s Universal Transitions script. The crawling ants are there to let you know that you’ve changed the page or the feeds have been refreshed.
– Music Player using poiru‘s NowPlaying plugin that works with a variety of media players. You can find the full list of supported players and the PlayerName codes here
– Skin Launcher for the FeedReader, Weather, Network, Music Player, and uTorrent skins.
NOTE: The Skin Launcher is just below the Day/Date playing card on the right. Clicking the settings icon on the far right will open a text file (UserVariables.inc) where user settings like the weather code, the type of music player, and the RSS feed URLs can be changed.
I’ve included wallpaper for a 1920×1080 screen. If you have a different screen resolution I recommend you download the original 2079 x 1404 version from DanteWontDie’s post and re-size it using a ‘constrain proportions’ setting to fit your screen.
Updated 4th July 2022: Updated the weather API…
Rate this Skin
Skin Details & Instructions
The Alice-Reworked rainmeter skin was developed and created by Mordasius and was originally published on DeviantArt Jan 30, 2013.
To open up and configure any settings for the Alice-Reworked theme, simply double click on the time, date or day of week. Once clicked, you will be presented with a popup with all the settings to configure Alice-Reworked to your needs.
For the Alice-Reworked weather widget to work correctly, you need to set your weather code within the settings menu.
Yes, the Alice-Reworked rainmeter theme does support Spotify however you won’t be able to see the progress of the song. Only the buttons (stop, pause, skip) and song name will work. To fix the progress bar issue you will need to configure the variables within the player.ini to webnowplayer or use spicetify widget.
You can resize any Alice-Reworked widget (date, time, day of week text, recycle bin and Spotify) by scrolling your mouse UP and DOWN.