To install Rainmeter, download the latest final or beta version from rainmeter.net, then follow the instructions below.
If you are reinstalling or updating Rainmeter, you do not need to uninstall your existing copy before continuing. Your settings, skins and plugins will be preserved.
The standard installation is recommended for most users. Simply run the installer and follow the instructions.
The installation will do the following:
- Install the program to the default or selected Destination folder.
- Create a Windows file association for the .rmskin file extension and the Rainmeter Skin Installer.
- Create Windows Start menu item for Rainmeter.
- Create Windows Start menu item for Startup/Rainmeter, so Rainmeter starts with Windows. This may be disabled by unchecking Launch Rainmeter on startup.
- Launch Rainmeter at the end of the installation.
Skins and settings folders will be created in the default file locations when Rainmeter is first run.
Note: Rainmeter can be uninstalled using the Add or Remove programs function in Windows.
Default File Locations
Settings and Layouts folder:
1. “YourName” is an example.
To run Rainmeter from a single folder, so it can be copied to another computer or run directly from a removable drive, select Portable installation during the install process and browse to the desired installation folder. No changes to the Windows Registry or Start menu will be made. All program, skins and settings folders and files will remain in the selected program folder.